Problems with the Outlook back up.

Technical support for APBackUp users
kleinermuk

Problems with the Outlook back up.

Post by kleinermuk »

I do back up to an external Hard Drive through USB 2.0. There are 3 folders which I am trying to set up for every day back up: Outlook (to back up all new outlook messages received during a day), Documents (for all the new doc-s which created on the PC's hard drive on the same day) and Favourites (for favorites from IE).
The problem is that if Outlook is opened, then not only the back won't work (which is kind of OK with me), but also already created Outlook folder with the back on External Hard Drive will be emtied!!
Suggestions??
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

Just add to destination Date Format for example "YYYYMMDD" and set depth=1 In this case APBackup first try to do new backup folder and store your files there if it is created APBackup will delete old backup files If isn't you have your old backup.
kleinermuk

Another option to choose from a menu.

Post by kleinermuk »

What about a menu on the same Destination screen where you can choose Add, Update or Refresh? Which one should I choose in order to get just the files which I worked on at that day?
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

This menu important only if you do not use date format. In this case new archive is created with the same name and old archive is not deleted before but just updateted (If you choose "Update").
kleinermuk

Still in trouble.

Post by kleinermuk »

I tried to follow all your instructions, but I am still in trouble, because the program still emties an existing Outlook folder, instead of creating a new one and updating the old one.
Please, write me screen by screen instructions, if possible.
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

Please send APBackup.log and ARHtasks.bpd files to support@avpsoft.com
kleinermuk

ARHtasks.bpd

Post by kleinermuk »

Where do you usually find ARHtasks.bpd files?
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

These files are in the APBackup installation folder.