Backup directly to FTP without HDD usage

Technical support for APBackUp users
Patrick

Backup directly to FTP without HDD usage

Post by Patrick »

I've just successfully tried APBackup in unregistered mode, and it's much better than save2ftp.

But there is one thing I was not able to do with APBackup, but with save2ftp:
I want to have my files/folders directly copied to an FTP-server without beeing copied to an other folder on my harddrive.
That is because I have a server with one 80GB HD and I have 80GB FTP Backupspace.
So if I want to Backup folders of 60GB size, there is not enough space remaining on the HD and the backup to FTP will not work...

Can my problem be solved with APBackup ?

Best regards,
Patrick Armbruster
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

APBackup packs your data but it needs HDD place for it. So you can't create archive on FTP without HDD or LAN shared drive. Because of it APBackup needs create archive on your drive first and only then copy it to FTP. If you want just copy files to FTP you can use freeware Save2FTP utility.

Post by Guest »

support wrote:APBackup packs your data but it needs HDD place for it. So you can't create archive on FTP without HDD or LAN shared drive. Because of it APBackup needs create archive on your drive first and only then copy it to FTP. If you want just copy files to FTP you can use freeware Save2FTP utility.
That's right, but I don't want to create an archive but a folder-copy on the ftp server, just the way save2ftp does it.
Is there a way to get save2ftp working as a windows-service on Windows 2003 Server ?? That would fix it.
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

Save2ftp doesn't work as Win NT service so in current version APBackUp you can use following tip:

You can set Save2ftp to start task "On program startup" and in Options dialog set flag "Shut down program if there are no active tasks today".
and Start Save2ftp as "External application" from APbackUp installed as service.

You can try it in unregistered version of APbackUp. You should start APbackup service press "Continue unregisterd" and APBackUp will be work as service.

We will consider ways of implimentation of this feature in APBackup in next versions.

Post by Guest »

support wrote:We will consider ways of implimentation of this feature in APBackup in next versions.
Would you please send me an email (xxxx@xxxx) when this feature is implemented in APBackup ?
If this was possible within the next weeks we would order APBackup.

Best regards,
Patick Armbruster
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

You can subscribe to our newsletters at http://avpsoft.com
I will delete your e-mail from previous message, NEVER put your e-mail in open format on web forums - spammer's robots don't sleep :D

Post by Guest »

There's a problem with your newsletter-subscription:
"Cannot find APSoft_ru" (on google.com Groups)...
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

Sorry, problem is already solved. Try again please.
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

Sorry, problem is already solved. Try again please.