Backup Opened Files ?

Technical support for APBackUp users
easi

Backup Opened Files ?

Post by easi »

Do you think you will ad the possibility to backup locked and opened files ? I am thinking about a system such as Backup 2005 Pro.

File Access Manager is a Windows driver allowing Backup2005 Pro or Synchronizer to access all files in use. This means that you can now backup or copy all files on your computer including Windows System files, SQL databases like SQL Server, Oracle, or Microsoft Exchange, Outlook...

This technology is from VisionWorks Solutions.

Do you think that is possible ? i love apbackup, is simple and have many features, and it works :) other concurents such as backup Pro have too many bugs (and before apbackup i use it during 2 years and i lost many backups because this product is too buged)
easi

Post by easi »

up
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

APBackup can backup oppened files only if they are oppened not exclusive. For example Microsoft Word files or Excel. If file is opened exclusive (like system files) APBackup can skip it. Thank you for this question we will explore this problem.
easi

Post by easi »

For backup locked files, you can use (Only for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 and Windows Vista) the Microsoft Volum Shadow System.