Document size??

Technical support for APFill users
tom35

Document size??

Post by tom35 »

Is there a limit to the number of pages which can be analysed at a time? A 12 page document was handled ok, but a 30 page document crashed at about 22 pages, and the app. as well as the whole system froze—I couldn't even use Ctrl/Alt/Del. Docs are .pdf's
I'm running the evaluation version, and wondering if this is a limitation.

OS is XP home.

Thanks

Tom Chapman.
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Re: Document size??

Post by support »

Hello

When APFill opens PDF/PS document it runs GhostScript to render it to separated TIFF files (usually 5 tiff files per page). These tiff files are saved into "Working folder" ([APFill - > Options] menu item) by default it is c:\documents and settings\<User name>\Application data\APFill\
I think your c:\ drive has not enought empty space to store these tiff files. So find enought space on your C:\ drive or change "Working folder" setting to use another drive. Also you can use lower "Resolution" setting in APFill to get smaller tiff files.
tom35

Post by tom35 »

Thanks for that. I'll look further into it. It's been a while since my last system upgrade, but there is over 30GB of unused space on the C drive, and the resolution was 50 dpi. (I think that is the default setting). How much space does the tiff conversion take per page?

Thanks
Tom C.
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

Hello

30Gb is enought. Try to use another GhostScript version for example 8.64:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ghosts ... 864w32.exe
Just uninstall Gs 8.61,install 8.64 and restart APFill

Also could you send this PDF to test (support@avpsoft.com)
tom35

Post by tom35 »

Thanks. Downloaded the latest GS, but, what may be more important, I had clicked 'Yes' to the "Convert file to CMYK color space file?"
Since I was only interested in CMYK it was unnecessary, and probably cluttered things up a bit too much.

Selecting 'No', all seems to be working well now.

Good news

Tom C.
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

This options is usually used for documents with more than 4 colors (CMYK + additionals spots). If this options is set than GhostScript converts this file into CMYK.
If your PDF file is CMYK then there is no need to set this option on.