black and grey on one page
Posted: 09 Jan 2014, 20:51
I have an A4 page, half is black and half is grayscale. Apfill tells me that the page is 100% black. How do I get it it to tell me the density of the greyscale area?
PAGE TOTAL COVERAGE DENSITY indicates page coverage considering intensity (RGB). This value corresponds to the 5% ink coverage value usually specified in printer manuals. The result can be presented as following: the whole page is converted to the black-and-white format and ink is evenly distributed on the page; get the page evenly filled with gray color of the specified intensity (from 0% to 100%).
IT IS EQUIVALENT TO (5% PAGES): displays the number of standard 5% pages to which your layout sheet is equivalent. That is, when "Page total coverage density" equals 10%, this means the printer will use the amount of ink/toner sufficient to print two pages with the standard 5% coverage density.
IT IS EQUIVALENT TO (5% PAGES) = PAGE TOTAL COVERAGE DENSITY/5
"COMMON COVERAGE RATIO": This is the percent of all pixels other than white in the selected area. Example: if the rate is 80%, this means that 80% of the page will be covered with ink and 20% will remain blank. Attention: this parameter does not take account of the pixel intensity, i.e. in this case only the coverage area is considered. That is why the COMMON COVERAGE RATIO is always greater than PAGE TOTAL COVERAGE DENSITY and will equal to it only if the whole area is filled with 100% color intensity.