Archive only changed files?

Technical support for APBackUp users
shane1800

Archive only changed files?

Post by shane1800 »

Hello,

I'm uploading a large zip archive by FTP. How can I make the second backup only upload a zip of the changed files rather than a completely new zip? I played with the inlude only if archive and clear archive attribute to no luck.

Also can I use the copy function and have the individual files ziped and password protected?

Best
Shane
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Re: Archive only changed files?

Post by support »

shane1800 wrote:Hello,

I'm uploading a large zip archive by FTP. How can I make the second backup only upload a zip of the changed files rather than a completely new zip? I played with the inlude only if archive and clear archive attribute to no luck.
Yes you shold use these flags and set them. There is "No luck" because first time you must haven't used celar flag and all files is considered new on the second start. So If you set these flags first time you have full backup but after all archive flags is cleared and second time archive will be contain only changed files.
shane1800 wrote: Also can I use the copy function and have the individual files ziped and password protected?
No. APBackup isn't support this feature.
But it's look useful and I think this feature will be implemented in new versions of APBackUp.
shane1800

Post by shane1800 »

Thanks for your help that was very helpful.