Deleting Archive after transfer via FTP

Technical support for APBackUp users

Deleting Archive after transfer via FTP

Post by Guest »

Hi,

Can the software be configured to delete the archive file after it uploads it to the FTP server. Since the depth of 0 means keep all the file and depth of 1 keeps atleast the last file, how can you delete the saved archive file after storage on a remote system via FTP?
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

In v 2.7 there is a new backup mode "Upload to FTP" so you can make second task and configure it to run after first task, and transfer archive to FTP server, in options of second task set "delete source after archiving" flag. In this first task will create archive and second will upload it to FTP server and delete it after success uploading.

There is the second way, on "Run after" set "del [ZipName]" so this comand will delete created archive.
Mr.Furious

Post by Mr.Furious »

What am I missing I can't get the second option to work???

I can not find RUN AFTER,
but if I put "del [ZipName]" in the execute field of START AFTER, I get an error in the log "Error occured while executing command del C:\Temp\Test-Thu.zip"
Mr.Furious

Solution

Post by Mr.Furious »

As I am too impatient for an answer, I used a freeware command line utility called dels.exe you can get it here:
http://gammadyne.com/cmdline.htm#dels

Run dels.exe from the "Start after..." execute field and put [ZipName] in the Parameters field.

Keep in mind it like DOS it has some filename restraints, I noticed it can't handle spaces in the filename.
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

del is not a executable it is a COMMAND inside COMMAND.COM so the easiest way is to create .BAT command file in any text editor:
=========
del %1
=========

And run this .BAT file with [ZipName] parameter - for .BAT file Windows runs Command.com and "del" command runsinside it.