deleting old backups

Technical support for APBackUp users

deleting old backups

Post by guest »

Hi this Aamco Transmissions we bought this product to backup our customers files and we save to a thumb drive, is there anyway to delete the last backup after it finishes the current backup. thanks
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

Yes you should set "depth" parameter on "Saving" panel. This is parameter to save X new archives

Post by guest »

where is that setting and what do i enable, and i am also saving to my g: drive which is my thumb drive.
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

When you are configuring the task open "Destination" panel there is "Depth" parameters for main destination folder and for additional folders. If you set it to 0 (by default) all archives is saving.
If you set it to 2 (for example) only 2 newest archives is saving - other old archives in destination folder will be removed
jac0b

Post by jac0b »

support wrote:When you are configuring the task open "Destination" panel there is "Depth" parameters for main destination folder and for additional folders. If you set it to 0 (by default) all archives is saving.
If you set it to 2 (for example) only 2 newest archives is saving - other old archives in destination folder will be removed
The depth option is grayed out. Do I have to purchase the full version to get that option.
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

No this option is available in trial version. You should enter "Prefix" or clear "Hide archive depth if prefix is not entered" flag in main program options dialog ("Generic parameteres" page).
florence777

depth not working

Post by florence777 »

GREAT APP! Just one problem. Can't seem to get Depth to work. I've downloaded the latest trial version and just about ready to buy here if I can just get the depth stuff working. I'm using the "Upload to FTP" option and set depth to 3 for testing, but every time I fire off the job it keeps uploading a new file.

I also noticed the main screen shows a depth of 0 regardless of what I have the value set to. Is this perhaps crippled in the trial version?

Thanks.
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

Hello

To use depth parameter destination archive name should use Date format to prevent archive overwriting each time you start the job.

If you set this value to 0, all archive files you ever create will be kept in the archive folder. In another case, only N most recent files will be kept in the archive folder and all older archives will be deleted.

Also make sure you set 3 FILES not DAYS. If you set DAYS APBackup keeps ALL archives not older than 3 days.

In the task list APBackup shows depth for main archive folder only.
florence777

Post by florence777 »

Yes I tried all those things, and still can't seem to get depth to work. I also removed the prefix just in case, and set depth to 2, then ran a job 4 times and ended up with 4 files on the destination ftp server. Any other ideas?
support
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support

Post by support »

Hello

Please send Arhtasks.bpd and APBackup.log files to support@avpsoft.com
In 3.5 version these files are in C:\Documents and Settings\All users\APplication data\APBackup\