Difference between Page Total Coverage and Common Coverage

Technical support for APFill users
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: 12 Sep 2006, 00:16

Difference between Page Total Coverage and Common Coverage

Post by robin »

Can you clairify the difference between these two items please? I understand (I think) the Page Total Coverage, it is the percentage of the page that has toner on it, right? If that is the case though, how can the Common Coverage be more than the Page Total Coverage on the RGB results tab? Please explain how this works. Thanks!
AVPSoft support
AVPSoft support
Posts: 326
Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 21:25

Post by support »

"Page total coverage density" - shows the total page coverage rate in percent. This value corresponds with the 5% ink coverage value usually specified in printer manuals. The result can be presented as the following: all the page is converted to the black-and-white format and ink is evenly distributed on the page; get the page evenly filled with gray color of the specified intensity (from 0% to 100%). "It is equivalent to (5% pages)" - displays the number of standard 5% pages to which your layout sheet is equivalent. That is, when "Page total coverage density" equals 10%, this means the printer will use the amount of ink/toner sufficient to print two pages with the standard 5% coverage density.

"Common coverage": This is the percent of all pixels other than white in the selected area. Example: if the rate is 80%, this means that 80% of the page will be covered with ink and 20% will remain blank.

So "Common Coverage" in this terms is always great then "Page total coverage density" because density is not participate in "Common Coverage"

Also please read:
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Jun 2013, 09:42

Re: Difference between Page Total Coverage and Common Covera

Post by angelblue15 »

Sorry about the above msg, i pushed the Submit button (instead of Preview) and... here we go...
Post Reply